The Sokołów Flavour Academy is located in a unique place. Find out more about the history of the Manor House in Wola Suchożebrska.
The village of Suchożebry, along with Wola Suchożebrska and the Home Farm established in the 18th century, were the property of the Czartoryski family in the Siedlce region. In 1807, Adam Czartoryski offered the property to the state in exchange for land in a different location. In 1832, Ignacy Marcinkowski purchased the property from the government of the Kingdom of Poland, with his son Franciszek as his heir. The Marcinkowski family owned the property until 1889. This is when it was was acquired by Karol Krasiński and next by his son, Stanisław Justyn. Afterwards, in 1935, the property was purchased at an auction by Zdzisław Poklewski-Koziełł. From 1939, the Suchożebry complex was the property of Zofia Makowiecka, maiden name Łobaczewska. In 1946, it was seized by the State Treasury under the agricultural reform.
The manor house and park complex consist of a classicist manor house and the contemporary remnants of the former park and garden. The complex is a valuable example of historical spatial governance. It is based on classicistic architectural tenets typical of the Mazovian region. The one-floor brick building was erected in 1835, on a rectangular plan. In the east, it is adjacent to the former outbuilding. A small column portico emphasizes the front part of the manor house from the south.
The park in Wola Suchożebrska is divided by the access alley and the manor house into two parts: the southern and the northern part. The border of the southern part is set by linden alleys. In the central part, adjacent to the remnants of the planter driveway in front of the manor house, the park trees make a setting for the court interior. The arrangement emphasizes the main elements of the architectural tenets.
After the Second World War, the manor house and the park were utilized by the Health Department in Siedlce. In the 1970s, the facility was taken over by the Higher School of Agriculture and Education (Wyższa Szkoła Rolniczo-Pedagogiczna) and next the Centre of Art and Culture in Siedlce. In 1994, the meat manufacturer Sokołowskie Zakłady Mięsne S.A. took charge of the complex.
In 2014, the Manor House became the property of the company Sokołów S.A. In the period 2014–15, the building was thoroughly renewed to become a place where tradition intertwines with modernity.