INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD:
- 2-3 handfuls of lettuce mix (iceberg lettuce, endive, Roman lettuce)
- 80-100 g thin kabanos sausages
- 60-80 g Grana Padano cheese
- 14 quail eggs
- 2-3 slices of sunflower wholemeal bread (2-3 tablespoons oil, 2 cloves of garlic)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thick natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 anchovies
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- This is how you make the dressing. Chop the anchovies finely and squeeze garlic through a press. Combine both ingredients with yoghurt and mayonnaise, sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Cut kabanos sausages into short pieces (about 0.5-1 cm in length).
- Slice the cheese into flakes with a knife or peeler.
- Put the cubed bread and sliced garlic on hot oil. Fry and stir from time to time until the bread is browned on each side. Put the fried bread cubes on a sheet of paper towel placed on a plate.
- Boil the quail eggs half-soft. Put them in a pot with boiling water and cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Next, take them quickly off the burner, pour ice cold water over them and peel them.
- Combine the lettuce mix with the dressing and arrange the mixture on the plates, alternately with kabanos sausages, cheese and cubed bread. Finally cut the quail eggs into halves and arrange them on the salad.
Quail eggs can be replaced with chicken eggs.
The dressing can be made with thick natural yoghurt only.
Sunflower wholemeal bread can be replaced with a different kind of bread that you like, e.g. spiced baguette or wheat baguette.
Recipe by Justyna Kopka, blog justasalad.pl